Work and Travel USA Program 2016
I've spent my best summer in Work and Travel USA! It was a great opportunity to work and travel in the US, meet a lot of new friends around the world, exchange culture and experience the different lifestyle! This program allows student to work for 3 months and travel for 1 month. It was a long process to apply but it all worth it. From choose local agency, submit all kind of documents, choose employer/job, job interview, US Visa interview to buying flight tickets.
I have so much concern and worry about this program such as will I have enough money to travel, how many days should I travel, which flight should I take, will I have enough hours, what should I bring, etc. etc. Thus, I Google a lot of work and travel USA information and read all the information. I realised that it was fun to explore myself instead of worrying too much. But having preparation is better than nothing.
I picked Cedar Point, Ohio as my employer because I like roller coaster a lot and employee able to play all the rides in the park for free! My journey starts from late of May to end of September. I joined this program together with my university friends, it was good to have accompany as we can share the happiness or sadness together. I am very blessed that our journey went smoothly.
We had a total of 3 flights, long hours flight and transit and finally arrived in Cleveland, Ohio. We met a lady in the airport and she could offer a cheap ride for us to go Cedar Point! Instead of taking public transport, we able to arrive Cedar Point by car! It was much more convenient and time saving. We were very glad. The driver was friendly and told us that a lot of students coming every year.
Once we have reached Cedar Point accommodation, we went to office to register ourselves and they assigned us the room. We also walked around to look for store to buy some necessary stuffs.
Few days later, we went to Human Resource office to register, get our employee card, and to know where is the exact location we will be working for the summer! HR office full of people and they worked quite slow, we waited for quite a long time. After all the paperwork, I went to Food Office to register myself and at that time, I get to know I will work in Soak City while my friends were working in Cedar Point. They also provide few training - Food & Beverage training, Accommodation training... We also went to Wardrobe to get our uniform, walked to our location to know where we will be working. We was so lost in the park even thou we have maps. My location was the most far compare to my friends. I was quite confused and lost to find my location because it was not in Cedar Point. It was a waterpark. I've walked pass the Hotel Breakers, Cedar Point Beach to Soak City. The place was beautiful. But sooner, I was so tired and pissed off to walk so far to work.
![]() |
| Red circle is Soak City. |



0 comments