How I survived in USA?

Accommodation
CP provides accommodation for employees. There are different accommodation such as Cedars (located at Cedar Point), Commons, Apartments and Bayside. There are many buildings for Commons (1300,1500,1600) I lived in 1300 Commons, where there are 3 or 4 beds in one room. The room included wardrobe, tables, mattress and chair. There were microwave, television, water fountain located in the lobby of 1300 Commons. The lobby always filled with people in the night for dining, gathering and chatting, it was really lively!
There are places just for employees to dine in. In the accommodation area, Canteen is the place for employees to have food while in the park, Best Day Bistro is the place where all the employees will eat there.
The food was similar every day (mostly fast food) which will be around $1-3, there's everyday special menu can order (special entree) which will be around $4-5.

The food I ate almost everyday, pancake/egg/sausage, ham & cheese sandwich, egg/ham/cheese, cheeseburger & fries, pepperoni pizza or cheese pizza, grill chicken burger. It was very unhealthy to eat everyday but no choice...


The food I ate almost everyday, pancake/egg/sausage, ham & cheese sandwich, egg/ham/cheese, cheeseburger & fries, pepperoni pizza or cheese pizza, grill chicken burger. It was very unhealthy to eat everyday but no choice...

Transportation
There was free employee bus for employee to go around Sandusky (Walmart, Meijer, Sandusky Mall, Downtown), and of course to work.

CP also provides Bus Trip for employee, to sign up can go ARC. It was quite worth it, and a lot of employee register. I didn't join the bus tour because friends wanted to rent car to go those places.

There was free employee bus for employee to go around Sandusky (Walmart, Meijer, Sandusky Mall, Downtown), and of course to work.

CP also provides Bus Trip for employee, to sign up can go ARC. It was quite worth it, and a lot of employee register. I didn't join the bus tour because friends wanted to rent car to go those places.

Uniform
My uniform as food associate was different from in the park due to my location is waterpark, my uniform was so beach look with the flower print on the shirt. I was so embarrassed when I first get it because I was different with my friends where they were just blue polo shirt. I get the uniform shirt, pants, belt, and hat from wardrobe. The good thing about uniform is we can go Wardrobe to get a clean uniform when we hand in the dirty one. We do not need to wash the uniform ourselves! But, of course I still have some clothes I needed to wash myself. As food associate, we are required to wear white T-shirt inside which is troublesome because I have to wash it. The accommodation office area have washing machine and drying machine, so people do not need to worry about laundry!

My uniform as food associate was different from in the park due to my location is waterpark, my uniform was so beach look with the flower print on the shirt. I was so embarrassed when I first get it because I was different with my friends where they were just blue polo shirt. I get the uniform shirt, pants, belt, and hat from wardrobe. The good thing about uniform is we can go Wardrobe to get a clean uniform when we hand in the dirty one. We do not need to wash the uniform ourselves! But, of course I still have some clothes I needed to wash myself. As food associate, we are required to wear white T-shirt inside which is troublesome because I have to wash it. The accommodation office area have washing machine and drying machine, so people do not need to worry about laundry!

Weather
Checking weather is my daily routine when I working there, this is because i needed to get ready to work in different location. If is rain on the day or the weather is too chilling, wagons wouldnt be open and area supervisor/manager will assign me to other location.
The weather wasn't that good in the first month of my working, it get so cold sometimes or rainy. Soak City workers all are worried about working hours. I got sent home sometimes, which i didnt get to work a lot of hours.
The weather most chilling in the day was around 17~18 Degree, most hot around 25~28 Degree. It rains a lot in early June. People always say Sandusky's weather is difficult to estimate, it gets cold in the morning and super hot in the afternoon, and sometimes it rains.
The weather most chilling in the day was around 17~18 Degree, most hot around 25~28 Degree. It rains a lot in early June. People always say Sandusky's weather is difficult to estimate, it gets cold in the morning and super hot in the afternoon, and sometimes it rains.

0 comments