My working experience

by - 11:40 PM




I was a food associate that works in wagons (booth/stands) located in Soak City. It was a different park from Cedar Point. Soak City is a waterpark while Cedar Point is an amusement park.

There were total 5 wagons which selling snacks/drinks, beers, ice cream (dipping dots), snow-cone/ lemonade & Minutes Maid smoothies. Most of the time, only 2 or 3 wagons will be opened due to bad weather. Basically, supervisor will assign each of wagons employee to different wagons to work on the day, and I will be preparing stuffs to open the wagon, selling foods/drinks and cleaning after finished. 

During the first month of working, I was all so confused with things and stuffs around. I remembered my very first day working there, employees have to move stuffs in and out to get ready for opening. I remembered I carried a lot of heavy stuffs, walked under the sun most of the time, and cleaned a lot things around. I was so exhausted on the first day! I met my supervisor and my co-workers who will be working with me in this summer. They were very friendly!

There are always good and bad things happen. I enjoyed a lot and gain much new experience from working. I tried to fry, clean, be cashier, pouring beers, mop, everything that food associate does. What makes me feel bad is I met unfriendly people while working. In the same time, I met a lot nice people.

The bad things about working in Soak City especially wagons was the hours. There was many employee working in wagons and sometimes (most of the time), they only open 2 or 3 wagons due to bad weather (rain or too chilling), so some stayed for wagons while for others, area supervisor will assign them to work in the park (Cedar Point). So in the end, most of the Soak City employee will end up in the park or Canteen when the weather is bad. The worst was a lot employees didnt get fair hours due to getting sent home (ask them not to work for the day) often because the park also full.

I'm actually enjoy working every place because I get to know more people and learn different things. But on the other hand, they have to teach me, some people are nice and willing to teach but some are just rude. I'm glad that my supervisor helped me out so much.
My supervisor is the best as I worked a lot of location, some supervisor are good and some are nasty. Couldn't thank my supervisor enough for always hearing me out and help me so much. Working in Soak City is tiring as working hours is less, which make me wanted to work more extra hours. I been going to Canteen work until 1am if late is 2am. which is so tired for the next day.

You May Also Like

0 comments